WTL #3 – Reliant
Theme: Reliant– “I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.”
Warm-Up Questions: Tell a story about a time where you got turned around or totally lost. What did you rely on to get out of that predicament?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Job 8: 13-15
- How does Job describe what happens to those who do not rely on God (verse 13)?
- What image does Job use to describe what they have relied on up to this point (verse 14)?
- What does Job say is the result of their trust in such false reliance (verse 15)?
Read Psalm 86: 10-12
- How does the Psalmist begin this psalm to introduce reliance (verse 10)?
- What does the Psalmist tell us to do so we can learn to rely on God (verse 11)?
- How does the Psalmist say we should respond knowing how great God is (verse 12)?
Read 2 Corinthians 1: 8-10, 12
- What does Paul say here about how he felt about his situation (verse 8)?
- Why was it that Paul says all these things happened to him (verse 9)?
- How does Paul respond once he realized that God was indeed faithful (verse 10)?
- What was it that Paul was confident to have based his reliance on (verse 12)?
Read Galatians 3: 7-11
- How does Paul describe all who rely on faith in Christ (verse 7)?
- Why is it important that we are considered a child of Abraham (verses 8-9)?
- What is true for those who still cling to the law, relying on their works (verses 10-11)?
- What of all you learned about being reliant on Jesus’ presence encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Almighty God, we thank You that You have been faithful from ages past and in Christ Jesus You have extended that faithfulness to us so we can be reliant upon Your presence.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.