Theme: God’s only Son–“God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that
whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Warm-Up Questions: Tell about a favorite object that you have had for most of your life. After everyone has shared, discuss as a group, What is it that makes life really worth living?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Genesis 17:1 – 8; 19, 21
- What was so special about the covenant that God made with Abraham (verses 1-7)?
- How long did God’s promise to Abraham extend (verse 8)?
- Why do you suppose God repeated His promise through Isaac (verses 19, 21)?
Read John 6:35 – 58
- What do you think Jesus means by saying that He is the “bread of life” (verse 35)?
- Why do you suppose that some standing there did not believe in Jesus (verses 36-42)?
- What did Jesus promise to give to all who would believe in Him (verses 43-47)?
- How is Jesus like the manna that the Israelites ate while they were in the desert (verses 48-50)?
- What is significant about taking the elements in the act of communion (verses 51-58)?
Read Romans 6:21-23
- What is true concerning the things we have done in the flesh (verse 21?
- What is true now that we have been set free from our sin (verse 22)?
- How do the two sets of wages differ in their rewards (verse 23)?
- What of all you learned about our promised eternal life encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Gracious Heavenly Father, we humbly thank You that it was Your plan that all who hear
Jesus’ words and believe in You through Him would have eternal, everlasting life.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.