The Gospel – Week #3
Theme: God’s only Son–“God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Warm-Up Questions: What is the difference between a “mirror image” and a copy? Why do you think there is such interest in DNA testing nowadays?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Philippians 2: 5-11
- What was it that Jesus had that He alone shared with the Father (verses 5-6)?
- How far was Jesus willing to humble Himself for us (verses 7-8)?
- What is most significant to you in all that God will do for Jesus (verses 9-11)?
Read Hebrews 1:1 – 6, 8 – 14
- Through whom has God chosen to speak to us (verses 1-2)?
- What is it about the Son that makes Him so unique (verses 3-4)?
- What makes the Son different from the angels in God’s eyes (verses 5-6)?
- What does God say about the Son that makes Him unique (verses 8-9)?
- How is Jesus referred to here that surprises you (verses 10-12)?
- What is one other difference between Jesus and the angels (verses 13-14)?
Read Hebrews 3: 1- 6
- What does it mean that Jesus is “Apostle” and “High Priest” of our faith (verse 1)?
- Why does the author compare the faithfulness of Jesus and Moses (verses 2–3)?
- How does the analogy of a house work to show Jesus’ superiority to Moses (verses 4-6)?
- What of all you learned about Jesus as God’s Son encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Father, thank You that You did not withhold Jesus, Your only Son, when You considered what You would do to make a way to restore us to Yourself. Give us a heart of joy in Him.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.