The Gospel – Week #1
Theme: God’s Love for us–“God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Warm-Up Questions: What was the best birthday present you ever received? Which is easier for you, to give or receive something as a gift?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Genesis 1:26-31
- What did God decide to do with regard to human kind (verse 26)?
- How is the way both man and woman were created important (verse 27)?
- What was this pair of people responsible to God for (verse 28)?
- Where were they and the animals supposed to get their daily food (verses 29-30)?
- What did God declare about all that had happened that day (verse 31)?
Read Romans 5:1-11
- What one result of God having given Jesus for us is most significant (verses 1-2)?
- How does the progression from tribulation to hope actually work (verses 3-4)?
- What does Paul say is true about the hope that God gives us (verse 5)?
- What is so amazing about Christ’s death for us (verses 6-8)?
- How does God view us since Jesus died for us (verses 9-10)?
- What should be our response for all that God has done for us in Christ (verse 11)?
Read Romans 8: 31-39
- How are Paul’s questions foundational to what is follows (verses 31-35)?
- Which of all that Paul is confident of speaks loudest to you (verses 36-39)?
- What of all you learned about God’s love in giving Jesus encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Father, we read of the glory You intended for us in the beginning and we realize how
far we have fallen from Your ideal. Yet again we thank You for giving Jesus to restore us.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.