“Come Backs” – #6
Theme: God’s Complete Forgiveness–“In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace”
Warm-Up Questions: When did you have to “make something right” when you were a child? Who is it that comes to mind when you think of forgiving someone?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Psalm 130: 1-8
- What does the Psalmist pray to the LORD for (verses 1-2)?
- Why does he say that he is confident even though he has sinned (verses 3-4)?
- What are you encouraged to do as you wait for the LORD (verses 5-6)?
- How sure is the Psalmist that his prayers will be answered (verses 7-8)?
Read Isaiah 53: 1-12
- How is Messiah described as he is viewed by those who knew Him (verses 1-3)?
- What has He done for us that we could not do for ourselves (verses 4-7)?
- How was He treated so that He would accomplish our forgiveness (verses 8-9)?
- Why will God reward Him since He accepted all that God did to Him (verses 10-12)?
Read Colossians 1: 15-20
- What was does it mean that Jesus was the “first born of all creation” (verse 15)?
- Why is it so important that all things were created through Him (verse 16)?
- What is most significant to you in all that describes Jesus (verses 17-18)?
- What did God choose to do that we might be reconciled (verses 19-20)?
- What of all you learned about God’s forgiveness in Jesus encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Father, we read of all Jesus’ glory and how You chose Him to suffer and die for us,
that we might be forgiven by You. Help us believe Your grace will be sufficient for us.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.