Growth Groups Weekly Bible Study
Pentecost Sunday – #3
Theme: Pentecost – “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Warm-Up Questions: What is it that distinguishes different ethnic groups from each another? What are some things cattle brands were designed to accomplish?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Deuteronomy 15: 12- 17
- What were Israelites instructed to do with their fellow slaves (verse 12)?
- How were they instructed to treat them when they sent them off (verses 13-15)?
- What were they to do if the slave desired to stay on as a bondservant (verses 16-17)?
Read John 14: 12-15
- What does Jesus say will happen for us who believe in Him (verse 12)?
- What does Jesus also say He will do for us and why (verse 13)?
- What two conditional things does Jesus include for us (verses 14-15)?
Read Acts 2:40- 47
- What did Peter say to help believers live lives distinct from the world (verse 40)?
- How did the early disciples respond to Peter’s words (verse 41)?
- What ways did they live out Peter’s exhortation to them (verse 42)?
- What were some unique characteristics of the early church in Jerusalem (verses 43-47)?
Read Ephesians 5: 1-3, 15-21
- How are we encouraged to walk so that we are different (verses 1-3)?
- What else does Paul encourage us to do and not do (verses 15-16)?
- How then are we to act so as to build each other up in Christ (verses 17-21)?
- Which of the things mentioned is the most enjoyable for you to do (verses 17-21)?
- What of all you learned about the new life in Christ encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Father, we acknowledge that Jesus gave us a new commandment to love one another; so
enable us that we may live in such a way that others see our good works and give glory to You.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.