Growth Groups Weekly Bible Study – 5.21.17
State of the Church Sunday
Theme: Where We Are– “…they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them.”
Warm-Up Questions: Why is it important to take an assessment periodically? What is the best way to measure the health of a congregation?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Psalm 66:16–20
- What is the reason the Psalmist gives for getting together (verse 16)?
- How did the Psalmist approach God in his hour of need (verse 17)?
- Why is the Psalmist so confident that his prayer has been heard (verses 18-20)?
Read John 14:15–21
- What does Jesus say that He will do for us to help us grow in grace (verses 15-17)?
- What also does He promise to all of us who are His children by faith (verses 18-20)?
- How did Jesus say He would go about showing His great love for us (verse 21)?
Read Acts 17:16–31
- How did Paul serve the people of Athens around him (verse 16-21)?
- What was Paul able to do, starting with something well known to them (verses 22-31)?
Read 1 Peter 3:13–18
- What does Peter say is true for those of us who are children of God (verse 13)?
- What also does he call us to be convinced of in our faith (verse 14-17)?
- How did God go about showing His great love for us (verse 18)?
- What of all you learned about the state of our church encourages you most?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Father, thank You for all that You have done and are doing in and through this local body of Jesus-followers here in Omaha that by Your help we may advance Your Kingdom.
Talk and Pray:
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.