Growth Group Weekly Bible Study – 5.14.17
Love Can – Sunday #4
Theme: Love Can Do Anything – “Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.”
Warm-Up Questions: When did someone do something to you that really hurt? What works best to take crayon drawings off a wall?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read James 2:5-8
- What do you notice in what James says about the poor in this world (verse 5)?
- Why does James say it is best not to cater to those who are rich (verses 6-7)?
- How might we go about implementing the royal law of love in our lives (verse 8)?
Read I John 4:7-12
- What does John say is true for those of us who are children of God (verse 7)?
- What also does he assert is true for those who do not exercise love (verse 8)?
- How did God go about showing His great love for us (verses 9-10)?
- What should that motivate us to do for each other (verse 11)?
- What two things will happen for us if we love one another (verse 12)?
Read I John 4:15-21
- What two things are true for those of us who believe in Christ (verse 15)?
- Why can we confidently put our trust in God (verse 16)?
- How would you state John’s next point in your own words (verse 17)?
- What is true in relation to how we deal with fear (verse 18)?
- What effect should the fact that God first loved us have on us (verse 19)?
- What does John say is the proof of the depth of our love (verses 20-21)?
- What of all you learned about the power of love has been most helpful to you?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Father, You who are love incarnate, we thank You that in Christ, You have given us love that can dispel all fear and empower us to overcome any obstacle we encounter.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.