Announcements – May 7- May 13
- Love Can – Join us as we partner with over 30 other churches in our city for our continuing 4-week series, Love Can. In this series, you’ll discover how love can define us, unbind us, break down walls and how love can do anything. Help us get the word out by stopping by the booth in the corridor to pickup your car window marker or by visiting the Love Can Experience at Westroads Mall near the upstairs entrance to Von Maur.
- Uniting Omaha in Prayer We are blessed with the opportunity to join with other local churches across the metro to come together to intercede for our city. Our next gathering is Saturday, May 13 at 1pm in the Main Prayer Room. Our prayer focus will be The Church. Please join us! Questions? Please contact Terri Hitsman!
- Vacation Bible School – Don’t miss Maker Fun Factory- created by God, built for a purpose! Kids, ages 4 years to 4th grade can deepen their faith by exploring who Jesus is through daily crafts, snacks, games & worship. Bring your friends! Early bird registration through May 31 is $10/child, $30 family maximum. After May 31 registration is $20/child, $60 family maximum. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register or in the corridor beginning this weekend! Questions? Email Kelsey!
- Peak Challenge – is an annual opportunity for men, their sons, fathers and brothers to get away from the everyday routines of life and experience all that God has for them in the wild setting of the Colorado Rockies. This is not a ‘retreat’ but rather an advance of men who seek to experience God in a way that will resonate deep within their souls. Men and young men are challenged physically while hiking 14,000 foot peaks, biking, trail running and white-water rafting. More importantly, men are challenged spiritually to engage in the battle like never before as they see what is at stake. The 2017 Peak Challenge dates are August 3-7. Spots are limited, please register at peakchallenge.net today.
- 55 & Better – Join us Tuesday May 9 at 10:30am for a trip back in time! Historical re-enactor Darrel Draper will portray Theodore Roosevelt in a unique “costumed” program. Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919) was the 26th President of the United States. Better known as “Teddy,” he was famous for his larger than life personality and achievements his range of interests, his model of masculinity, and his “cowboy” image. Roosevelt’s achievements as a naturalist, explorer, hunter, author, and soldier are as much a part of his fame as the many political offices he held. Lunch is provided by Don and Joan Havekost. Please RSVP to 402.773.7021 so we have numbers for lunch.
- Growth Groups – Want to connect with other followers of Jesus? Are you looking for a group of people to do life with? Meet with other believers by joining a growth group. Growth Groups meet regularly with others in similar life stages, to study the Bible, encourage one another and share life’s moments with the purpose of growing and maturing in their faith. Contact Kari to get connected!
- Kids Kount Summer Volunteers – Come join the Sunday morning Kids Kount team this summer as we continue to bring kids to know, love & follow Jesus! Positions include Shepherds, Large Group Leaders, Music, Welcome Team and Nursery! Contact Dede for more details and to sign up to help!
- Go Missional – Joining Jesus on His mission is always grounded in His revealed Word of Scripture. The more we are immersed in His Word, the more clearly we see His plan and purposes for our lives and for the world (and people!) around us.
- Go Local – To “GO Local” means to Join Jesus on His mission in our community through partnerships with local organizations. Check out some of the many opportunities here: kingofkingsomaha.org/serve/community/.
- Go Global – This week, pray for Stephanie Schulte, a Lutheran missionary in West Africa.
- Annual Meeting– Be sure to join us in worship the weekend of May 21 for our annual meeting. Pastor Mark is looking forward to sharing ministry highlights and where God is leading us in the future. Voting to elect five Board of Lay Ministry members will be held on May 20 and 21.
- Concordia News – Concordia Jr./Sr. High School presents its Spring Bands/Orchestra Concerts on Monday, May 8 at 7pm. Fresh off their European tour, the Sr. High Concert Band and Sr. High Orchestra are sounding awesome! The Jr. High and Jazz band groups will be performing too! Come back on Tuesday May 9, for our Spring Choirs/Bells Concert also at 7pm, in the gym. The Jr. and Sr. High Handbells, the Harmonix, Platinum and Jr. High Choir will join our Sr. High Choirs for a great night of music. We invite you to put it on your calendar so that you don’t miss out on a great concert! There is no cost to attend either event. Free-will donations are appreciated and will support the Concordia Music Department.
- Kids Kount Upper Level Ministry Assistant –this part time position provides resources, support and volunteer coordination in Kids Kount Ministries for grades 1-4. Specific responsibilities include supplying curriculum needs and resources to ministry partners; oversee room set and break down, signage, and visitor reception; provide support for special events as needed; volunteer recruitment and training; communicating with parents, volunteers and staff. The minimum requirement is a High School diploma, Bachelors degree is preferred. Must be a practicing Christian, a member of King of Kings Lutheran Church with a desire to grow spiritually, a willingness to cooperate in a multiple staff ministry as well as possess effective communication, interpersonal, organization, cognitive and teamwork skills. Interested candidates should submit application to Angela Bell.
- Preschool Staff Positions– We are hiring Substitute Preschool Assistant Teachers to teach, promote, support and care for each child’s emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual growth in a loving and patient manner, emphasizing our Christian values and teachings. We are looking for candidates who could be available on an as needed basis between the hours of 8:30am – 12pm. Please apply by contacting the Early Childhood Office at 402.504.9085. Candidates must provide references and pass background checks and a drug screen.