Announcements – May 21-May 27
- Adam Woldt Ordination – In celebration of the love and support received from the King of Kings family since 2004, Adam will be ordained at King of Kings following the completion of his Master of Divinity from Concordia Seminary. Join us on Saturday, May 27 at 5pm for Adam’s ordination ceremony, presided over by Pastor Mark, a reception will follow. On Sunday, May 28 at all services, there will be a blessing over Adam, as well as a reception in the corridor.
- Entrusted by Beth Moore- A Summer Ladies Bible study – We were never meant to take this journey of faith alone. God has entrusted us with the great and mighty gift of the Gospel, something too precious and life-giving to keep to ourselves. In this six-session video Bible study through II Timothy you will be encouraged to guard what God has entrusted to you, further His kingdom by sharing Christ with others, and pour into future generations just as Paul once mentored Timothy. On Mondays beginning June 5-July 10 from 7-9pm. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register. Questions? Email Kari at email@example.com.
- Vacation Bible School – Don’t miss Maker Fun Factory- created by God, built for a purpose! Kids, ages 4 years to 4th grade can deepen their faith by exploring who Jesus is through daily crafts, snacks, games & worship. Bring your friends! Early bird registration through May 31 is $10/child, $30 family maximum. After May 31 registration is $20/child, $60 family maximum. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register or in the corridor! Questions? Email Kelsey!
- Growth Groups – Want to connect with other followers of Jesus? Are you looking for a group of people to do life with? Meet with other believers by joining a growth group. Growth Groups meet regularly with others in similar life stages, to study the Bible, encourage one another and share life’s moments with the purpose of growing and maturing in their faith. Contact Kari to get connected at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Healing Prayer – Life can be messy, and it can be difficult when we hit disappointments and letdowns. This is where healing prayer comes in. Whether you are new to prayer and Jesus, are not really sure about church stuff, or you have been involved in a Christian community for quite some time, you are welcome to join us for a time of teaching, prayer, songs, and prayer exercises. No registration is required and there is no cost to attend. You will not be expected to speak or pray out loud, but you will have the chance to privately and even anonymously share your prayer requests. Group meetings begin Wednesday, June 7-August 9, from 6:45am-7:45am. Questions? Please contact Brenda.
- Forgiveness Group – Are you having a hard time forgiving someone, including yourself? Do you want to learn about the role of prayer in forgiveness and experience the truth that your mistakes are forgiven in Jesus? Or would you like to simply start off your day receiving prayer? Our new Forgiveness Group might be just the place for you. There is no registration or cost to attend. You won’t be expected to speak or pray out loud if you aren’t comfortable doing so. You can expect teaching, songs, prayer and handouts. You’ll learn how to lay down your heavy burdens, and in place of those, to start to experience newness, peace and joy in Jesus. Group meetings begin Tuesday, June 6-July 18, from 6:45am-7:45am (group will not meet July 4). Questions? Please contact Brenda.
- Kids Kount Summer Volunteers – Come join the Sunday morning Kids Kount team this summer as we continue to bring kids to know, love & follow Jesus! Positions include Shepherds, Large Group Leaders, Music, Welcome Team and Nursery! Contact Dede for more details and to sign up!
- Go Missional – Joining Jesus on His mission is always grounded in His revealed Word of Scripture. The more we are immersed in His Word, the more clearly we see His plan and purposes for our lives and for the world (and people!) around us.
- ABIDE June Block Party – King of Kings is teaming up again this summer with Abide to help with the Abide Annual Block Party! Join us on June 10 at 11:30am at the Better Together Campus, 3223 N 45th St. for food, fun activities, music and more! This community focused event gets us out of our seats and into the streets to build relationships and provide a positive neighborhood building experience! Wear your ‘Better Together’ shirt, we will have some available for purchase at the event and join us! Abide is looking for a variety of volunteers and supplies! Check out this link to see how you can help! Questions? Email Kari at email@example.com.
- Omaha Gives! – Omaha’s 5th annual 24-hour charitable challenge, Omaha Gives, is Wednesday, May 24! This event is a 24-hour online giving event organized by the Omaha Community Foundation to grow philanthropy in Omaha. Giving begins at midnight with a minimum $10 donation and hourly drawings and prizes to make your donations go further. So start gathering your circles and get ready for another great big give-together. Go online anytime on Wednesday, May 24 and give to King of Kings at omahagives24.org and help us earn some of those matching gifts! Let’s Give Together!
- First Feast – Join us after worship for our first ‘First Sunday Feast’ of 2017, Sunday June 4! This is a great time to meet new friends and get to know your King of Kings family a little better! Questions? Please email Brenda.
- Pastor Mark Q&A Session– Be sure to join us on Tuesday, May 23 Pastor Mark at 7pm in the Gathering Room for a Q&A session.
- Preschool Staff Positions– We are hiring Substitute Preschool Assistant Teachers to teach, promote, support and care for each child’s emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual growth in a loving and patient manner, emphasizing our Christian values and teachings. We are looking for candidates who could be available on an as needed basis between the hours of 8:30am – 12pm. Please apply by contacting the Early Childhood Office at 402.504.9085. Candidates must provide references and pass background checks and a drug screen.