Announcements – May 14-May 20
- Love Can – Join us as we partner with over 30 other churches in our city for our continuing 4-week series, Love Can. In this series, you’ll discover how love can define us, unbind us, break down walls and how love can do anything. Help us get the word out by visiting the Love Can Experience at Westroads Mall near the upstairs entrance to Von Maur.
- Vacation Bible School – Don’t miss Maker Fun Factory- created by God, built for a purpose! Kids, ages 4 years to 4th grade can deepen their faith by exploring who Jesus is through daily crafts, snacks, games & worship. Bring your friends! Early bird registration through May 31 is $10/child, $30 family maximum. After May 31 registration is $20/child, $60 family maximum. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register or in the corridor! Questions? Email Kelsey!
- Growth Groups – Want to connect with other followers of Jesus? Are you looking for a group of people to do life with? Meet with other believers by joining a growth group. Growth Groups meet regularly with others in similar life stages, to study the Bible, encourage one another and share life’s moments with the purpose of growing and maturing in their faith. Contact Kari to get connected.
- Healing Prayer – Life can be messy, and it can be difficult when we hit disappointments and letdowns. This is where healing prayer comes in. Whether you are new to prayer and Jesus, are not really sure about church stuff, or you have been involved in a Christian community for quite some time, you are welcome to join us for a time of teaching, prayer, songs, and prayer exercises. No registration is required and there is no cost to attend. You will not be expected to speak or pray out loud, but you will have the chance to privately and even anonymously share your prayer requests. Group meetings begin Wednesday, June 7-August 9, from 6:45am-7:45am. Questions? Please contact Brenda Neyens.
- Forgiveness Group – Are you having a hard time forgiving someone, including yourself? Do you want to learn about the role of prayer in forgiveness and experience the truth that your mistakes are forgiven in Jesus? Or would you like to simply start off your day receiving prayer? Our new Forgiveness Group might be just the place for you. There is no registration or cost to attend. You won’t be expected to speak or pray out loud if you aren’t comfortable doing so. You can expect teaching, songs, prayer and handouts. You’ll learn how to lay down your heavy burdens, and in place of those, to start to experience newness, peace and joy in Jesus. Group meetings begin Tuesday, June 6-July 18, from 6:45am-7:45am (group will not meet July 4). Questions? Please contact Brenda Neyens.
- Kids Kount Summer Volunteers – Come join the Sunday morning Kids Kount team this summer as we continue to bring kids to know, love & follow Jesus! Positions include Shepherds, Large Group Leaders, Music, Welcome Team and Nursery! Contact Dede for more details and to sign up!
- Joining Jesus on His mission is always grounded in His revealed Word of Scripture. The more we are immersed in His Word, the more clearly we see His plan and purposes for our lives and for the world (and people!) around us.
- To “GO Local” means to Join Jesus on His mission in our community through partnerships with local organizations. Check out some of the many opportunities here: kingofkingsomaha.org/serve/community.
- Annual Meeting– Be sure to join us in worship the weekend of May 21 for our annual meeting. Pastor Mark is looking forward to sharing ministry highlights and where God is leading us in the future. Voting to elect five Board of Lay Ministry members will be held on May 20 and 21.
- Preschool Staff Positions– We are hiring Substitute Preschool Assistant Teachers to teach, promote, support and care for each child’s emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual growth in a loving and patient manner, emphasizing our Christian values and teachings. We are looking for candidates who could be available on an as needed basis between the hours of 8:30am – 12pm. Please apply by contacting the Early Childhood Office at 402.504.9085. Candidates must provide references and pass background checks and a drug screen.