Growth Group Weekly Bible Study – 4.9.17
Sixth Sunday in Lent
Theme: God’s Will when we are not Willing – “”You are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.””
Warm-Up Questions: When did you have to do something/go somewhere you did not want? Why is so difficult, particularly for men, to follow the provided directions?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read I Exodus 3: 1- 16
- Why did Moses initially turn aside to look at the bush (verses 1-3)?
- What do you hear in how God presented Himself to Moses (verses 4-6)?
- How do you think Moses felt listening to God tell what He was about to do (verses 7-9)?
- Why might Moses have been shocked when God selected him (verses 10-11)?
- How did God refute Moses’ negative response to this commission (verse 12)?
- Why was Moses’ focus on the immediate as God talked to him about the future (verse 13)?
- How do you think what God replied should have helped Moses with the Israelites (verses 14-16)?
Read Exodus 4: 1-17
- How might you have responded to Moses’ reluctance expressed here (verse 1)?
- What of all that God did to reassure Moses do you find most convincing (verses 2-9)?
- What do you find most amazing in Moses’ next response (verse 10)?
- Do you think you would have been as patient as God appears to be with Moses (verses 11-12)?
- How would you state Moses’ final argument in your own words (verse 13)?
- What do you appreciate most about God’s solution to Moses’ concern (verse 14-17)?
Read Hebrews 13:20-22
- How does the way the author describes God make you want to obey Him (verse 20)?
- How does one go about accomplishing this transformation (verse 21)?
- Why might we, like Moses and others in the Scriptures, still be reluctant (verse 22)?
- What would it take for you to submit more of your will to God’s will for your life?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Father, remind us again that the plans You have for us in Christ Jesus are good plans; that You go with us and they are for our good and not designed to bring us harm.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.