Growth Group Bible Weekly Bible Study – 4.30.17
Love Can Sunday #2
Theme: Love Can Unbind Us – “So if the Son sets you free, you will be really free.”
Warm-Up Questions: How did it fee when you were forgiven a debt that you owed? Why do we in America value our freedoms so much?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Romans 8:1-3
- What is the primary thing that Paul reminds his readers (verse 1)?
- What has the law of the life-giving Spirit done for us (verse 2)?
- What did God accomplish for us, that the law could not do (verse 3)?
Read Titus 2:11-15
- Of what does Paul write to Titus to remind him of in particular (verse 11)?
- For what two things does the grace of God train us to do (verse 12)?
- How should what we wait for influence our desire to please God (verse 13)?
- For what reason did Jesus die on the cross for us (verse 14)?
- What do you hear in Paul’s closing thoughts to Titus (verse 15)?
Read Hebrews 2:14-16
- What is unique about Jesus that allows Him to destroy the enemy (verse 14)?
- How has the enemy held us all captive all our lives (verse 15)?
- What does the writer remind us of that should give us confidence (verse 16)?
Read Hebrews 9:14-16
- What do you see is the basis for being set free by the blood of Christ (verse 14)?
- How did Jesus accomplish gaining our release from bondage (verse 15)?
- How sure can we be that the will we have from Jesus is valid (verse 16)?
- What of all you have learned about your freedom in Christ is most helpful to you?
- When might you share this exciting aspect of your faith with someone this week?
Father, thank You that when Jesus was raised from the dead by Your mighty power, He freed me from the bondage that the fear of death had held me in for so long.
Talk and Pray
Talk with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back.
Pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.