Announcements – April 9 – April 15
- Passover Feast – Join us at 6pm on April 13 for the Maundy Thursday Passover Feast. This feast is a celebration of the Passover. We remember the story of God’s deliverance of the Israelites from Egypt. In the Passover we see the foreshadowing of God’s plan for the redemption of all mankind from sin through the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus. There is no cost for the Feast but everyone, including children, must be registered so we have an accurate count for seating and food! Register by mail, in the corridor on Wednesday nights and Sundays or online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register. Questions? Please contact Terri Hitsman.
- Holy Week Worship – After the Maundy Thursday Passover Feast, join us for worship on Good Friday at 5:30 or 7:30pm, Holy Saturday worship at 5pm and 6:30am Sunrise Easter worship or Easter at the Baxter arena at 10am on Easter morning! Please note Nursery is available only at the 5:30 service on Good Friday.
- Uniting Omaha in Prayer – We are blessed with the opportunity to join with other local churches across the metro to come together to intercede for our city. Our next gathering is Thursday, April 13 from 7-8:30am in the Prayer Room. Please join us! Questions? Please contact Terri Hitsman!
- Discovering King of Kings – Membership is all about relationships. A big part of this is just meeting people and making friends. Join us Sunday, April 30 from 10:45-1pm to do just that! Meet Pastors and other families, and bring your family, too! We will enjoy lunch together, and the kids and teens will get connected in a special way. You will get an inside look at our history and our future. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register or email Brenda Denne.
- Growth Groups -Are you looking for a group of people to do life with? Want to connect with other followers of Jesus? Meet with other believers by joining a growth group. Growth Groups meet regularly with others in similar life stages, to study the Bible, encourage one another and share life’s moments with the purpose of growing and maturing in their faith. Contact Kari Johnson to get connected.
- Student Edge Colorado Outdoor Adventure – Don’t miss the Desperation Conference and Outdoor Adventure for Senior High Students June 19-26! (Worship, Nature and Growing in relationship with Christ and each other). We will spend 3 days at the Conference and the rest of the week at Sweet Water Ranch for some outdoor fun! Cost is ONLY $350! Includes meals EXCEPT on travel days. Bring money for incidentals, souvenirs, snacks and travel day meals. Sleeping bag and pillow for camping nights. We will have access to showers at campground. Non-refundable $100 deposit due with registration form. Final payments due by June 1st. Spots are limited, so register today! Questions? Email Heather Kanzmeier.
- Serve with ABIDE! – ABIDE is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 15 from 11:30 am – 1pm. They are looking for volunteers to help with set-up, serving refreshments, helping support other volunteers, and with tear down. You can sign-up to volunteer at ABIDEOMAHA.ORG. If you can’t help that day, consider a donation of supplies, check out the website for a complete list of needs.
- Passover Feast Serving – As we prepare to celebrate the Passover Feast on April 13, we are looking for people to volunteer their time before, during and after the Feast. We need people to help set up tables, food preparation, serving during the Feast, clean up and room reset afterwards. This is a great opportunity for individuals, small groups and families to serve together! Please stop at the Passover Feast booth in the corridor to sign up or contact Terri Hitsman.
- Holy Week and Easter Serving – Planning on attending Holy Week or Easter Worship at KOK or the Baxter? We would love your help in welcoming those who will be attending! Please consider greeting for one or more services. Families and friends can greet together! All ages welcome to greet at the Exterior Doors, Worship Center Doors, Information Center, Guest Room or Ushering! Sign up online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register or contact Tammy Matson.
- Go Missional – God gives us various callings: our family, community, school, job, neighborhood, and even hobbies. Through these relationships, He has uniquely positioned you to be salt and light (Matthew 5:13-16) right where you are. Take a moment and ask God what He might be up to through these vocations and relationships.
- Go Local – Patty’s Pantry serves school children of North Omaha with food on the weekends, when they are most apt to not have anything at home. The primary concern of this ministry is to meet children’s basic needs (food, clothing, personal care items, and school supplies).
- Go Global – This week, pray for Katie Ziegler, a Lutheran missionary in the Dominican Republic.
- JumpFest – at Bounce U is back! This super fun event is for 5th and 6th graders only! Join us on Sunday, April 30 from 6-9pm for an evening of pizza, popcorn, pop and lots of fun! Bounce U is located at 11144 Q Street. Guests get in free, so bring your friends! Early registration is $8, or $10 at the door. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register!
- Band of Brothers Father/Daughter Dance – Dads, join us for a night of dancing, crafts and snacks at the annual Band of Brothers Father/Daughter dance, ‘Tiaras and Ties’ on April 28! Take your daughter(s) on a dinner date and then meet us at King of Kings in the Haven from 7-9 pm. This is a great opportunity for dads and daughters to spend some one on one time together. And back by popular demand, we will have instructors from Omaha Ballroom there to teach us a fun new dance! Free will donations are appreciated to help cover costs. Contact Terri in the Church Office or call at 402.504.9014 if you have any questions.
- Kids Kount Upper Level Ministry Assistant –this part time position provides resources, support and volunteer coordination in Kids Kount Ministries for grades 1-4. Specific responsibilities include supplying curriculum needs and resources to ministry partners; oversee room set and break down, signage, and visitor reception; provide support for special events as needed; volunteer recruitment and training; communicating with parents, volunteers and staff. The minimum requirement is a High School diploma, Bachelors degree is preferred. Must be a practicing Christian, a member of King of Kings Lutheran Church with a desire to grow spiritually, a willingness to cooperate in a multiple staff ministry as well as possess effective communication, interpersonal, organization, cognitive and teamwork skills. Interested candidates should submit application to Angela Bell.
- Martin Luther: The Idea that Changed the World – Join us on April 19 at Marcus Theatres Majestic Cinema located at 14304 West Maple Road, for a screening of the rousing adventure story that was Martin Luther’s life. This entertaining new film brings to life dramatic moments that shaped Luther, and examines the universal questions he wrestled with, like “Who am I?” and “What is my purpose?” After the film, Rev. Mark Hannemann, Senior Pastor and Director of Ministries at Divine Shepherd Lutheran Church, will answer your questions about Luther and his ideas. Screening time is 6:30-8:30pm approximately. Get tickets online here for $9.
- Concordia High School Youth Sports Camp Registration – is now open! Camp opportunities for grades K-8 include: volleyball, girl’s soccer, boys soccer, girls basketball and boys basketball. Concordia’s varsity coaches operate the camps with age appropriate activities for skill development and fun. The first camp occurs in late April with the rest of the dates scheduled in June. To register, go to concordiaomaha.org Questions? Please contact Ben Ersland at 402.445.4000.