Announcements – April 23-April 29
- Love Can – Join us as we partner with over 30 other churches in our city for our 4-week series, Love Can. In this series, you’ll discover how love can define us, unbind us, break down walls and how love can do anything. Help us get the word out by stopping by the booth in the corridor to pickup your car window marker or by visiting the Love Can Experience at Westroads Mall near the upstairs entrance to Von Maur.
- Peak Challenge – is an annual opportunity for men, their sons, fathers and brothers to get away from the everyday routines of life and experience all that God has for them in the wild setting of the Colorado Rockies. This is not a ‘retreat’ but rather an advance of men who seek to experience God in a way that will resonate deep within their souls. Men and young me are challenged physically while hiking 14,000 foot peaks, biking, trail running and white-water rafting. More importantly, men are challenged spiritually to engage in the battle like never before as they see what is at stake. The 2017 Peak Challenge dates are August 3-7. Spots are limited, please register at peakchallenge.net today.
- Discovering King of Kings – Membership is all about relationships. A big part of this is just meeting people and making friends. Join us Sunday, April 30 from 10:45-1pm to do just that! Meet Pastors and other families, and bring your family, too! We will enjoy lunch together, and the kids and teens will get connected in a special way. You will get an inside look at our history and our future. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register or email Brenda D. today.
- Growth Groups – Want to connect with other followers of Jesus? Are you looking for a group of people to do life with? Meet with other believers by joining a growth group. Growth Groups meet regularly with others in similar life stages, to study the Bible, encourage one another and share life’s moments with the purpose of growing and maturing in their faith. Contact Kari J. to get connected!
- Student Edge Colorado Outdoor Adventure – Don’t miss the Desperation Conference and Outdoor Adventure for Senior High Students June 19-26! (Worship, Nature and Growing in relationship with Christ and each other). We will spend 3 days at the Conference and the rest of the week at Sweet Water Ranch for some outdoor fun! Cost is ONLY $350! Includes meals EXCEPT on travel days. Bring money for incidentals, souvenirs, snacks and travel day meals. Sleeping bag and pillow for camping nights. We will have access to showers at campground. Non-refundable $100 deposit due with registration form. Final payments due by June 1st. Spots are limited, so register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register today! Questions? Email Heather K.
- Kids Kount Summer Volunteers – Come join the Sunday morning Kids Kount team this summer as we continue to bring kids to know, love & follow Jesus! Positions include Shepherds, Large Group Leaders, Music, Welcome Team and Nursery! Email Dede K. for more details and to sign up!
- Go Missional – Joining Jesus on His mission is always grounded in His revealed Word of Scripture. The more we are immersed in His Word, the more clearly we see His plan and purposes for our lives and for the world (and people!) around us.
- Student Edge Worlds of Fun – We are road trippin’ to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City! This year we are taking TWO buses so expect twice the fun! Meet at King of Kings at 645am on June 7 in the parking lot, we will return to KOK approximately 9pm. Please bring sunscreen as well as extra money for lockers and dinner on the way home! Remember we represent Christ so please wear modest clothing and swimsuits. Cost for this fun filled day is $55! Please register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register by June 2. Questions? Email Heather K. today!
- Go Global – This week, pray for Kendra McNatt, a Lutheran missionary in Germany.
- Quarterly Reports – The Quarterly Report for the First Quarter of 2017 is available. Please pick up your copy at the Information Desk or the Receptionist Office.
- JumpFest – at Bounce U is back! This super fun event is for 5th and 6th graders only! Join us on Sunday, April 30 from 6-9pm for an evening of pizza, popcorn, pop and lots of fun! Bounce U is located at 11144 Q Street. Guests get in free, so bring your friends! Early registration is $8, or $10 at the door. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register!
- Father/Daughter Dance – Dads, join us for a night of dancing, crafts and snacks at the annual Band of Brothers Father/Daughter dance, ‘Tiaras and Ties’ on April 28! Take your daughter(s) on a dinner date and then meet us at King of Kings in the Haven from 7-9 pm. This is a great opportunity for dads and daughters to spend some one on one time together. And back by popular demand, we will have instructors from Omaha Ballroom there to teach us a fun new dance! Free will donations are appreciated at the door to help cover costs. Email Terri in the Church Office or call at 402.504.9014 if you have any questions.
- Kids Kount Upper Level Ministry Assistant –this part time position provides resources, support and volunteer coordination in Kids Kount Ministries for grades 1-4. Specific responsibilities include supplying curriculum needs and resources to ministry partners; oversee room set and break down, signage, and visitor reception; provide support for special events as needed; volunteer recruitment and training; communicating with parents, volunteers and staff. The minimum requirement is a High School diploma, Bachelors degree is preferred. Must be a practicing Christian, a member of King of Kings Lutheran Church with a desire to grow spiritually, a willingness to cooperate in a multiple staff ministry as well as possess effective communication, interpersonal, organization, cognitive and teamwork skills. Interested candidates should submit application in person or by email to Angela Bell.
- Preschool Staff Positions– We are hiring Substitute Preschool Assistant Teachers to teach, promote, support and care for each child’s emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual growth in a loving and patient manner, emphasizing our Christian values and teachings. We are looking for candidates who could be available on an as needed basis between the hours of 8:30am – 12pm. Please apply by contacting the Early Childhood Office at 402.504.9085. Candidates must provide references and pass background checks and a drug screen.