Announcements – April 16-April 22
- Welcome Home Event – Our Welcome Events are designed to help you meet others in our church and will help you find out more information about King of Kings and our ministries. Join us for food, fun and activities for kids and adults at our first event on April 23 from 10:30am-130pm!
- Discovering King of Kings – Membership is all about relationships. A big part of this is just meeting people and making friends. Join us Sunday, April 30 from 10:45-1pm to do just that! Meet Pastors and other families, and bring your family, too! We will enjoy lunch together, and the kids and teens will get connected in a special way. You will get an inside look at our history and our future. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register or email Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Growth Groups – Want to connect with other followers of Jesus? Are you looking for a group of people to do life with? Meet with other believers by joining a growth group. Growth Groups meet regularly with others in similar life stages, to study the Bible, encourage one another and share life’s moments with the purpose of growing and maturing in their faith. Contact Kari to get connected at email@example.com.
- Student Edge Colorado Outdoor Adventure – Don’t miss the Desperation Conference and Outdoor Adventure for Senior High Students June 19-26! (Worship, Nature and Growing in relationship with Christ and each other). We will spend 3 days at the Conference and the rest of the week at Sweet Water Ranch for some outdoor fun! Cost is ONLY $350! Includes meals EXCEPT on travel days. Bring money for incidentals, souvenirs, snacks and travel day meals. Sleeping bag and pillow for camping nights. We will have access to showers at campground. Non-refundable $100 deposit due with registration form. Final payments due by June 1st. Spots are limited, so register today! Questions? Email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go Missional – Is there someone in your life that doesn’t have a relationship with God through faith in Jesus? Whether God would send you or someone else to share Good News, pray for that person this week.
- Student Edge Worlds of Fun – We are road trippin’ to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City! This year we are taking TWO buses so expect twice the fun! Meet at King of Kings at 645am on June 7 in the parking lot, we will return to KOK approximately 9pm. Please bring sunscreen as well as extra money for lockers and dinner on the way home! Remember we represent Christ so please wear modest clothing and swimsuits. Cost for this fun filled day is $55! Please register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register by June 2. Questions? Email Heather K!
Go Global – This week, pray for Robert Ferrin, a Lutheran missionary in Hong Kong.
- JumpFest – at Bounce U is back! This super fun event is for 5th and 6th graders only! Join us on Sunday, April 30 from 6-9pm for an evening of pizza, popcorn, pop and lots of fun! Bounce U is located at 11144 Q Street. Guests get in free, so bring your friends! Early registration is $8, or $10 at the door. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register!
- Father/Daughter Dance – Dads, join us for a night of dancing, crafts and snacks at the annual Band of Brothers Father/Daughter dance, ‘Tiaras and Ties’ on April 28! Take your daughter(s) on a dinner date and then meet us at King of Kings in the Haven from 7-9 pm. This is a great opportunity for dads and daughters to spend some one on one time together. And back by popular demand, we will have instructors from Omaha Ballroom there to teach us a fun new dance! Free will donations are appreciated at the door to help cover costs. Email Terri in the Church Office or call at 402.504.9014 if you have any questions.
- Kids Kount Upper Level Ministry Assistant –this part time position provides resources, support and volunteer coordination in Kids Kount Ministries for grades 1-4. Specific responsibilities include supplying curriculum needs and resources to ministry partners; oversee room set and break down, signage, and visitor reception; provide support for special events as needed; volunteer recruitment and training; communicating with parents, volunteers and staff. The minimum requirement is a High School diploma, Bachelors degree is preferred. Must be a practicing Christian, a member of King of Kings Lutheran Church with a desire to grow spiritually, a willingness to cooperate in a multiple staff ministry as well as possess effective communication, interpersonal, organization, cognitive and teamwork skills. Interested candidates should submit application to Angela Bell.
- Martin Luther: The Idea that Changed the World – Join us on April 19 at Marcus Theatres Majestic Cinema located at 14304 West Maple Road, for a screening of the rousing adventure story that was Martin Luther’s life. This entertaining new film brings to life dramatic moments that shaped Luther, and examines the universal questions he wrestled with, like “Who am I?” and “What is my purpose?” After the film, Rev. Mark Hannemann, Senior Pastor and Director of Ministries at Divine Shepherd Lutheran Church, will answer your questions about Luther and his ideas. Screening time is 6:30-8:30pm approximately. Get tickets online here for $9.