Announcements – March 5 – March 11
- Pastor Dan Farewell – We will be celebrating Pastor Dan’s farewell on March 26 at all services. We want to bless Pastor Dan and Charlotte with a farewell celebration and send-off, so there will be a reception in the corridor where you can greet them and share your love with them. There will be a basket where you can drop off notes or cards, and/or gifts. Our faithful LWML ladies will be providing refreshments that morning in their honor. We will also be praying over Pastor Dan in all the services that Sunday. In the meantime, please keep Pastor Dan, Charlotte and their kids, Alexis, Micah and Titus in your prayers as they prepare for their next adventure!
- Wednesday Night Lent Worship – Join us on Wednesdays, March 8 through April 5, for dinner at 5:30pm and then Worship at 6pm in the Chapel or 6:30pm in the Worship Center.
- Uniting Omaha in Prayer – Please join us on Monday, March 13, at 7pm, as we meet and focus our prayer on the media and specifically, our media in Omaha, and where traditional and social media connect and influence our lives and our community. We will meet in the main prayer room located down the hall from the hospitality room.
- Grouplink – Have you wanted to join a Growth Group? Unsure of what a Growth Group is, but desire to grow in the Word with friends? Join us at Grouplink! We will connect with others and talk about ways in which you can grow together! We have 3 Sunday sessions to choose from: March 12 for single parents, March 19 for families with young children or March 26 for young adults. Each session begins at 10:45am. Please register at kingofkingsomaha.org/register the Wednesday before the session you wish to attend. A meal will be provided for your family. Children will be able to join Children’s church after the meal.
- Legacy Journey – is a 7-week, Biblically based class that teaches you how to live and leave a legacy for generations to come. This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and discovering the keys to generational wealth and generosity. Through video, class discussions and interactive small-group activities, you’ll learn a Biblical framework for living intentionally now so that later you’ll be able to leave a legacy that will secure your family’s future and make an impact on the world. Join us beginning Tuesday, March 7 from 6:30-8:30pm. The cost of materials is $115. Go online to kingofkingsomaha.org/register or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Online purchase of materials is optional, but materials are required for the class.
- Faith Legacy Grandparent Step – Leaving a Legacy of Faith will encourage you in your role to spiritually nurture your future generations. Join us for a four week class on Sundays as we hear Larry Fowler, Tina Houser and Pastor Roger Theimer share their Biblical understanding about why and how God has designed grandparents. You will have opportunities to share your favorite grandchildren stories with other grandparents. Invite your friends. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register.
- Weekend to Remember – This two-and-a-half day weekend getaway equips couples with practical tools and resources so that that marriages don’t just survive, couples discover a marriage that THRIVES! Register online at weekendtoremember.com. If you enter code KOKOmaha you can save $100 per couple on the registration fee. The Omaha weekend is March 10-12 and the Lincoln weekend is March 24-26. Questions? Please email Dave & Kari Millen or call at 402.578.2737
- Lent Hospitality – Planning on attending worship on Wednesday evenings during Lent? We would love your help in welcoming those who will be attending! Please consider greeting for one or more services. Families and friends can greet together! All ages welcome to greet at the Exterior Doors, Worship Center Doors, Information Center, Guest Room or Ushering! Sign up online at kingofkingsomaha.org or contact Tammy to sign up for a slot.
- Security Team – The Safety and Security Team serves during Sunday morning worship and occasionally during other special events. This team serves to provide a safe and secure environment by establishing a presence throughout the building and providing assistance for building or medical emergencies. The Outside Safety and Security (Parking Lot) Team serves during the Sunday morning services by directing traffic and providing a safe and secure environment on the grounds of the church. The volunteer commitment for both teams is one Sunday per month. If you are interested in serving on one of these teams, email email@example.com or contact the church office at 402.333.6464.
- Go Missional – Is there someone in your life that doesn’t have a relationship with God through faith in Jesus? Whether God would send you or someone else to share Good News, pray for that person this week.
- Go Local – Pregnancy can be scary. Assure Women’s Center (assureomaha.com) walks with women to give them and their babies loving care and support. Pray for their ministry and ask God if He’d have you support them in this work.
- Go Global – This week, pray for Joel Klammer, a Lutheran missionary in Asia.
- KOK Annual Voters Meeting will be held on May 21. We encourage members to submit names of qualified individuals for consideration as candidates for five open positions on the Board of Lay Ministry.Board of Lay Ministry members assess our church’s health and direction, take action and make recommendations where needed, and are accountable to the people of King of Kings for the well-being of the church. Please submit your candidate nomination names, in writing, including your own name if you wish to be considered, prior to March 7, 2017, to either the Senior Pastor Mark Zehnder or to the Board of Lay Ministry, in care of Dan Whithorn.
- Lutheran Witness Subscriptions – The Lutheran Witness is the flagship magazine of the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod. This monthly publication offers synodical news, features, columns, Q & A’s, and more. The cost is $15.96 per year. If you would like to subscribe to the Lutheran Witness please drop off your check made out to King of Kings to Terri Hitsman in the Church Office no later than March 26. Please email Terri if you have questions or call at 402.504.9014.
Concordia Schools News
- Concordia Schools- Tuition Scholarship applications are now available online at kingofkingsomaha.org. Please complete and return all applications by March 31.
- Concordia Sr. High School– has teaching opportunities for the 2017-2018 school year in high school English, Business and Religion. Qualified candidates for the English and Business position will hold required Nebraska certification, be active members of a Christian congregation-with preference given to members of the LCMS, evidence love for the Lord, children, and families, and will be prepared to engage in the active life of the school. Religion teachers are required to have active membership in the LCMS. Full-time faculty are required to have a Lutheran Teaching Diploma from a Concordia university or complete colloquy studies within five years. To apply, email Sr. High School Principal, Matt Korte or call at 402.445.4000.
- Concordia High School Athletics Department is seeking a head varsity football coach. Previous high school or college coaching experience is required. Qualified candidates will also be active members of a Christian congregation and have a desire to lead, instruct and mentor student athletes in a Christian manner. Interested individuals can email their cover letter and resume to Ben Ersland, Activities Director. A complete background check will be part of the application process.