Announcements – March 19- March 26
- Passover Feast – Join us at 6pm on April 13 for the Maundy Thursday Passover Feast. This feast is a celebration of the Passover. We remember the story of God’s deliverance of the Israelites from Egypt. In the Passover we see the foreshadowing of God’s plan for the redemption of all mankind from sin through the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus. There is no cost for the Feast but everyone, including children, must be registered so we have an accurate count for seating and food! Register by mail, in the corridor on Wednesday nights and Sundays or online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register. Questions? Please email Terri or call at 402.333.6464.
- Pastor Dan Farewell – We will be celebrating Pastor Dan’s farewell on March 26 at all services. We want to bless Pastor Dan and Charlotte with a farewell celebration and send-off, so there will be a reception in the corridor where you can greet them and share your love with them. There will be a basket where you can drop off notes or cards, and/or gifts. Our faithful LWML ladies will be providing refreshments that morning in their honor. We will also be praying over Pastor Dan in all the services that Sunday. In the meantime, please keep Pastor Dan, Charlotte and their kids, Alexis, Micah and Titus in your prayers as they prepare for their next adventure!
- Masterpiece Group – Young ladies need to know who they are in Christ and how their differences can be a great strength. The group is for young ladies and is specifically designed to promote self-awareness, esteem and strength. It will encourage them to view themselves from God’s perspective. Join us for this informative and affirming five week seminar beginning April 1 at 10am! Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register.
- Passover Feast Serving – As we prepare to celebrate the Passover Feast on April 13, we are looking for people to volunteer their time before, during and after the Feast. We need people to help set up tables, food preparation, serving during the Feast, clean up and room reset afterwards. This is a great opportunity for individuals, small groups and families to serve together! Please stop at the Passover Feast booth in the corridor to sign up or email Terri.
- Lent Hospitality – Planning on attending worship on Wednesday evenings during Lent? We would love your help in welcoming those who will be attending! Please consider greeting for one or more services. Families and friends can greet together! All ages welcome to greet at the Exterior Doors, Worship Center Doors, Information Center, Guest Room or Ushering! Sign up online at kingofkingsomaha.org or email Tammy.
- Security Team – The Safety and Security Team serves during Sunday morning worship and occasionally during other special events. This team serves to provide a safe and secure environment by establishing a presence throughout the building and providing assistance for building or medical emergencies. The Outside Safety and Security (Parking Lot) Team serves during the Sunday morning services by directing traffic and providing a safe and secure environment on the grounds of the church. The volunteer commitment for both teams is one Sunday per month. If you are interested in serving on one of these teams, email or contact the church office at 402.333.6464.
- King of Kings Mission Room – You can participate in Global Missions without ever leaving the country! How? You can send much needed items that will be distributed by church planters to those in severe need. The Mission Room here at King of Kings collects, sorts and stores items until we can fill a semi! Approximately every three months it goes to Orphan Grain Train in Norfolk where it’s packed up and shipped around the world. Here’s what you can donate: Clothes and shoes of every size and any season; medical equipment such as crutches, walkers and basic medical supplies; household supplies including plastic glasses and bowls; blankets, quilts, bedding, school supplies, personal care items, even stuffed animals, toys and small games. Bring your items to the church anytime, labeled ‘Mission Room.’ Questions? Contact Ray or Dee at 402.333.7165 or come check out the booth in the corridor on March 19!
- Go Missional – God gives us various callings: our family, community, school, job, neighborhood, and even hobbies. Through these relationships, He has uniquely positioned you to be salt and light (Matthew 5:13-16) right where you are. Take a moment and ask God what He might be up to through these vocations and relationships.
- Go Local – Pregnancy can be scary. Assure Women’s Center (assureomaha.com) walks with women to give them and their babies loving care and support. Pray for their ministry and ask God if He’d have you support them in this work.
- Go Global – This week, pray for Clinton Hoff, a Lutheran missionary in the Czech Republic.
- Martin Luther: The Idea that Changed the World – Join us on April 19 at Marcus Theatres Majestic Cinema located at 14304 West Maple Road, for a screening of the rousing adventure story that was Martin Luther’s life. This entertaining new film brings to life dramatic moments that shaped Luther, and examines the universal questions he wrestled with, like “Who am I?” and “What is my purpose?” After the film, Rev. Mark Hannemann, Senior Pastor and Director of Ministries at Divine Shepherd Lutheran Church, will answer your questions about Luther and his ideas. Screening time is 6:30-8:30pm approximately. Get tickets online here for $9.
- KOK Annual Voters Meeting will be held on May 21. We encourage members to submit names of qualified individuals for consideration as candidates for five open positions on the Board of Lay Ministry. Board of Lay Ministry members assess our church’s health and direction, take action and make recommendations where needed, and are accountable to the people of King of Kings for the well-being of the church. Please submit your candidate nomination names, in writing, including your own name if you wish to be considered to either Senior Pastor, Mark Zehnder or to the Board of Lay Ministry, in care of Dan Whithorn
- Lutheran Witness Subscriptions – The Lutheran Witness is the flagship magazine of the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod. This monthly publication offers synodical news, features, columns, Q & A’s, and more. The cost is $15.96 per year. If you would like to subscribe to the Lutheran Witness please drop off your check made out to King of Kings to Terri Hitsman in the Church Office no later than March 26. Please email Terri if you have questions or call at 402.504.9014.
Concordia Schools News
- Concordia High School Youth Sports Camp Registration – is now open! Camp opportunities for grades K-8 include: volleyball, girl’s soccer, boys soccer, girl’s basketball and boys basketball. Concordia’s varsity coaches operate the camps with age appropriate activities for skill development and fun. The first camp occurs in late April with the rest of the dates scheduled in June. To register, go to concordiaomaha.org. Questions? Please contact Ben Ersland at 402.445.4000.
- Concordia Schools- Tuition Scholarship applications are now available online at kingofkingsomaha.org. Please complete and return all applications by March 31.
- Concordia Sr. High School– has teaching opportunities for the 2017-2018 school year in high school English, Business and Religion. Qualified candidates for the English and Business position will hold required Nebraska certification, be active members of a Christian congregation-with preference given to members of the LCMS, evidence love for the Lord, children, and families, and will be prepared to engage in the active life of the school. Religion teachers are required to have active membership in the LCMS. Full-time faculty are required to have a Lutheran Teaching Diploma from a Concordia university or complete colloquy studies within five years. To apply, email Sr. High School Principal, Matt Korte or call at 402.445.4000.