Announcements – March 12 – March 18
- Pastor Dan Farewell – We will be celebrating Pastor Dan’s farewell on March 26 at all services. We want to bless Pastor Dan and Charlotte with a farewell celebration and send-off, so there will be a reception in the corridor where you can greet them and share your love with them. There will be a basket where you can drop off notes or cards, and/or gifts. Our faithful LWML ladies will be providing refreshments that morning in their honor. We will also be praying over Pastor Dan in all the services that Sunday. In the meantime, please keep Pastor Dan, Charlotte and their kids, Alexis, Micah and Titus in your prayers as they prepare for their next adventure!
- Wednesday Night Lent Worship – Join us on Wednesdays, March 8 through April 5, for dinner at 5:30pm and then Worship at 6pm in the Chapel or 6:30pm in the Worship Center.
- Uniting Omaha in Prayer – Please join us on Monday, March 13, at 7pm, as we meet and focus our prayer on the media and specifically, our media in Omaha, and where traditional and social media connect and influence our lives and our community. We will meet in the main prayer room located down the hall from the hospitality room.
- Grouplink – Have you wanted to join a Growth Group? Unsure of what a Growth Group is, but desire to grow in the Word with friends? Join us at Grouplink! We will connect with others and talk about ways in which you can grow together! We have 2 more Sunday sessions to choose from: March 19 for families with young children or March 26 for young adults. Each session begins at 10:45am. Please register at kingofkingsomaha.org/register the Wednesday before the session you wish to attend. A meal will be provided for your family. Children will be able to join Children’s church after the meal.
- 55 & Better – Julie Eesley, Administrator of The CORE, will be speaking about the three main purposes of The CORE, King of Kings’ counseling center, and walk through The CORE’s new website. She’ll also talk about how The CORE is reaching people both inside and outside the church, and about ways to contribute to its mission. Lunch will follow at Valentino’s Buffett at 108th and O Streets.
- Lent Hospitality – Planning on attending worship on Wednesday evenings during Lent? We would love your help in welcoming those who will be attending! Please consider greeting for one or more services. Families and friends can greet together! All ages welcome to greet at the Exterior Doors, Worship Center Doors, Information Center, Guest Room or Ushering! Sign up online at kingofkingsomaha.org or contact Tammy Matson.
- Security Team – The Safety and Security Team serves during Sunday morning worship and occasionally during other special events. This team serves to provide a safe and secure environment by establishing a presence throughout the building and providing assistance for building or medical emergencies. The Outside Safety and Security (Parking Lot) Team serves during the Sunday morning services by directing traffic and providing a safe and secure environment on the grounds of the church. The volunteer commitment for both teams is one Sunday per month. If you are interested in serving on one of these teams, email the security team or contact the church office at 402.333.6464.
- King of Kings Mission Room – You can participate in Global Missions without ever leaving the country! How? You can send much needed items that will be distributed by church planters to those in severe need. The Mission Room here at King of Kings collects, sorts and stores items until we can fill a semi! Approximately every three months it goes to Orphan Grain Train in Norfolk where it’s packed up and shipped around the world. Here’s what you can donate: Clothes and shoes of every size and any season; medical equipment such as crutches, walkers and basic medical supplies; household supplies including plastic glasses and bowls; blankets, quilts, bedding, school supplies, personal care items, even stuffed animals, toys and small games. Bring your items to the church anytime, labeled ‘Mission Room.’ Questions? Contact Dee at 402.333.7165 or come check out the booth in the corridor on March 19!
- Go Missional – Joining Jesus on His mission is always grounded in His revealed Word of Scripture. The more we are immersed in His Word, the more clearly we see His plan and purposes for our lives and for the world (and people!) around us.
- Go Local – Pregnancy can be scary. Assure Women’s Center (assureomaha.com) walks with women to give them and their babies loving care and support. Pray for their ministry and ask God if He’d have you support them in this work.
- Go Global – This week, pray for Adam Lehman, a Lutheran missionary in Spain.
- Lutheran Witness Subscriptions – The Lutheran Witness is the flagship magazine of the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod. This monthly publication offers synodical news, features, columns, Q & A’s, and more. The cost is $15.96 per year. If you would like to subscribe to the Lutheran Witness please drop off your check made out to King of Kings to Terri Hitsman in the Church Office no later than March 26. Please contact Terri if you have questions at 402.504.9014.
Concordia Schools News
- Concordia Schools- Tuition Scholarship applications are now available online at kingofkingsomaha.org. Please complete and return all applications by March 31.
- Concordia Sr. High School– has teaching opportunities for the 2017-2018 school year in high school English, Business and Religion. Qualified candidates for the English and Business position will hold required Nebraska certification, be active members of a Christian congregation-with preference given to members of the LCMS, evidence love for the Lord, children, and families, and will be prepared to engage in the active life of the school. Religion teachers are required to have active membership in the LCMS. Full-time faculty are required to have a Lutheran Teaching Diploma from a Concordia university or complete colloquy studies within five years. To apply, email Sr. High School Principal, Matt Korte, or call at 402.445.4000.