Announcements- February 27 – March 4
- Epiphany- After celebrating a season of the coming and arrival of Jesus, we can be confident and know that He came for us. But now that we know that Jesus has come, who was and who is Jesus? Join us for eight weeks of Epiphany, where we’ll discover who Jesus is and who we are in Him.
- Ash Wednesday – Join us for Ash Wednesday worship on Wednesday, March 1 at 5:30 or 7:30pm!
- Wednesday Night Lent Worship – Join us on Wednesdays, March 8 through April 5, for dinner at 5:30pm and then Worship at 6pm in the Chapel or 6:30pm in the Worship Center.
- Grouplink – Have you wanted to join a Growth Group? Unsure of what a Growth Group is, but desire to grow in the Word with friends? Join us at Grouplink! We will connect with others and talk about ways in which you can grow together! We have 3 Sunday sessions to choose from: March 12 for single parents, March 19 for families with young children or March 26 for young adults. Each session begins at 10:45am. Please register at kingofkingsomaha.org/register the Wednesday before the session you wish to attend. A meal will be provided for your family. Children will be able to join Children’s church after the meal.
- Legacy Journey – is a 7-week, Biblically based class that teaches you how to live and leave a legacy for generations to come. This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and discovering the keys to generational wealth and generosity. Through video, class discussions and interactive small-group activities, you’ll learn a Biblical framework for living intentionally now so that later you’ll be able to leave a legacy that will secure your family’s future and make an impact on the world. Join us beginning Tuesday, March 7 from 6:30-8:30pm. The cost of materials is $115. Go online to kingofkingsomaha.org/register or contact email@example.com to register. Online purchase of materials is optional, but materials are required for the class.
- Faith Legacy Grandparent Step – Leaving a Legacy of Faith will encourage you in your role to spiritually nurture your future generations. Join us for a four week class on Sundays as we hear Larry Fowler, Tina Houser and Pastor Roger Theimer share their Biblical understanding about why and how God has designed grandparents. You will have opportunities to share your favorite grandchildren stories with other grandparents. Invite your friends. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register.
- Journey Coaches – Come alongside people as they navigate challenging times in their life. Does this sound like you? A new Journey Coaches training session begins Tuesday, February 28, from 6-8pm and continues on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday through June 27. Topics covered include Listening, Caring vs. Curing, Feelings, Boundaries/Assertiveness, Providing Spiritual Care, Who Am I? Confidentiality, caring from afar, and first visits. Training materials will be provided. There is no cost for this training and no obligation to become a Journey Coach following training, so join us for these informative and helpful topics. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register.
- Go Missional – God gives us various callings: our family, community, school, job, neighborhood, and even hobbies. Through these relationships, He has uniquely positioned you to be salt and light (Matthew 5:13-16) right where you are. Take a moment and ask God what He might be up to through these vocations and relationships.
- Go Local – Pregnancy can be scary. Assure Women’s Center (assureomaha.com) walks with women to give them and their babies loving care and support. Pray for their ministry and ask God if He’d have you support them in this work.
- Go Global – This week, pray for Matt Mantey, a Lutheran missionary in Uganda.
- Ash Wednesday/ Lent Hospitality – Planning on attending worship on Wednesday, March 1 or Wednesday evening services during Lent? We really would like your help in welcoming those who will be attending! Please consider greeting for one or more services. Families and friends can greet together! All ages welcome to greet at the Exterior Doors, Worship Center Doors, Information Center, Guest Room or Ushering! Sign up online at kingofkingsomaha.org or contact Tammy.
- Security Team – The Safety and Security Team serves during Sunday morning worship and occasionally during other special events. This team serves to provide a safe and secure environment by establishing a presence throughout the building and providing assistance for building or medical emergencies. The Outside Safety and Security (Parking Lot) Team serves during the Sunday morning services by directing traffic and providing a safe and secure environment on the grounds of the church. The volunteer commitment for both teams is one Sunday per month. If you are interested in serving on one of these teams, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the church office at 402.333.6464.
- KOK Annual Voters Meeting will be held on May 21. We encourage members to submit names of qualified individuals for consideration as candidates for five open positions on the Board of Lay Ministry.Board of Lay Ministry members assess our church’s health and direction, take action and make recommendations where needed, and are accountable to the people of King of Kings for the well-being of the church. Please submit your candidate nomination names, in writing, including your own name if you wish to be considered, prior to March 7, 2017, to either the Senior Pastor Mark Zehnder email@example.com, or to the Board of Lay Ministry, in care of Dan Whithorn, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concordia Schools News
- Concordia Schools- Tuition Scholarship applications are now available online at kingofkingsomaha.org. Please complete and return all applications by March 31.
- Oklahoma! at Concordia – Tickets are on sale for Oklahoma, the Concordia High School spring musical! Performances are Friday, March 10 at 7pm, Saturday, March 11 at 7pm and Sunday, March 12 at 2pm. Adult tickets are $15; Student tickets are (ages 5-18) $10. Order tickets online at brownpapertickets.com. Questions? Please contact Peter Klemp by phone at 402.445.4000.
- Concordia Sr. High School– has teaching opportunities for the 2017-2018 school year in high school English, Business and Religion. Qualified candidates for the English and Business position will hold required Nebraska certification, be active members of a Christian congregation-with preference given to members of the LCMS, evidence love for the Lord, children, and families, and will be prepared to engage in the active life of the school. Religion teachers are required to have active membership in the LCMS. Full-time faculty are required to have a Lutheran Teaching Diploma from a Concordia university or complete colloquy studies within five years. To apply, contact Sr. High School Principal, Matt Korte, at 402.445.4000 or email@example.com.