Announcements – April 2- April 8
- Passover Feast – Join us at 6pm on April 13 for the Maundy Thursday Passover Feast. This feast is a celebration of the Passover. We remember the story of God’s deliverance of the Israelites from Egypt. In the Passover we see the foreshadowing of God’s plan for the redemption of all mankind from sin through the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus. There is no cost for the Feast but everyone, including children, must be registered so we have an accurate count for seating and food! Register by mail, in the corridor on Wednesday nights and Sundays or online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register. Questions? Please contact Terri Hitsman.
- Passover Feast Serving – As we prepare to celebrate the Passover Feast on April 13, we are looking for people to volunteer their time before, during and after the Feast. We need people to help set up tables, food preparation, serving during the Feast, clean up and room reset afterwards. This is a great opportunity for individuals, small groups and families to serve together! You can register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register, stop at the Passover Feast booth in the corridor or contact Terri Hitsman to sign up to serve.
- Holy Week and Easter Serving – Planning on attending Holy Week or Easter Worship at KOK or the Baxter? We would love your help in welcoming those who will be attending! Please consider greeting for one or more services. Families and friends can greet together! All ages welcome to greet at the Exterior Doors, Worship Center Doors, Information Center, Guest Room or Ushering! Sign up online here to serve during Holy Week or here to sign up here for Easter or contact Tammy Matson.
- Security Team – The Safety and Security Team serves during Sunday morning worship and occasionally during other special events. This team serves to provide a safe and secure environment by establishing a presence throughout the building and providing assistance for building or medical emergencies. The Outside Safety and Security (Parking Lot) Team serves during the Sunday morning services by directing traffic and providing a safe and secure environment on the grounds of the church. The volunteer commitment for both teams is one Sunday per month. If you are interested in serving on one of these teams, email the security team or contact the church office at 402.333.6464.
- Go Missional – Joining Jesus on His mission is always grounded in His revealed Word of Scripture. The more we are immersed in His Word, the more clearly we see His plan and purposes for our lives and for the world (and people!) around us.
- Go Local – Patty’s Pantry serves school children of North Omaha with food on the weekends, when they are most apt to not have anything at home. The primary concern of this ministry is to meet children’s basic needs (food, clothing, personal care items, and school supplies).
- Go Global – This week, pray for JP Cima, a Lutheran missionary in Southeast Asia.
- Kids Kount Upper Level Ministry Assistant –this part time position provides resources, support and volunteer coordination in Kids Kount Ministries for grades 1-4. Specific responsibilities include supplying curriculum needs and resources to ministry partners; oversee room set and break down, signage, and visitor reception; provide support for special events as needed; volunteer recruitment and training; communicating with parents, volunteers and staff. The minimum requirement is a High School diploma, Bachelors degree is preferred. Must be a practicing Christian, a member of King of Kings Lutheran Church with a desire to grow spiritually, a willingness to cooperate in a multiple staff ministry as well as possess effective communication, interpersonal, organization, cognitive and teamwork skills. Interested candidates should submit application to Angela Bell.
- Martin Luther: The Idea that Changed the World – Join us on April 19 at Marcus Theatres Majestic Cinema located at 14304 West Maple Road, for a screening of the rousing adventure story that was Martin Luther’s life. This entertaining new film brings to life dramatic moments that shaped Luther, and examines the universal questions he wrestled with, like “Who am I?” and “What is my purpose?” After the film, Rev. Mark Hannemann, Senior Pastor and Director of Ministries at Divine Shepherd Lutheran Church, will answer your questions about Luther and his ideas. Screening time is 6:30-8:30pm approximately. Get tickets online here for $9.
- Concordia High School Youth Sports Camp Registration – is now open! Camp opportunities for grades K-8 include: volleyball, girl’s soccer, boys soccer, girls basketball and boys basketball. Concordia’s varsity coaches operate the camps with age appropriate activities for skill development and fun. The first camp occurs in late April with the rest of the dates scheduled in June. To register, go to concordiaomaha.org. Questions? Please contact Ben Ersland at 402.445.4000.