Announcements – December 4 – December 10
- Wednesday Night Advent Worship – Join us for Advent Worship for the whole family on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm, on December 7 and 14.
- Prayer Intensive – Please join us for a one-hour Prayer Intensive from 8-9am, Sunday mornings through December. Everyone is warmly welcome to participate. We will meet in the Prayer Room or the Revelation Room if a larger room is needed. Please join us on Sunday, December 11 and 18.
- Uniting Omaha in Prayer-We are blessed with the opportunity to join with other local churches across the metro to come together to intercede for our city. Our next gathering is Tuesday, December 13 from 7-8:15am in The Temple in The Haven. Please join us! Questions? Please contact Terri Hitsman.
- Service of Remembering – In the midst of our pain, lets celebrate the hope and peace of Jesus this wondrous Christmas season. Join us Sunday, December 11, from 3-4pm in the Chapel at King of Kings. An hour of fellowship follows from 4pm to 5pm. Even in the midst of our pain, let’s celebrate the hope and peace of Jesus this wondrous Christmas season.
- Financial Peace University is a 9-week class that teaches God’s ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions, and interactive small group activities, FPU presents Biblical, practical steps to get from where you are to where you’ve dreamed you could be. You will learn how you can get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more. Join us on Thursdays beginning February 2, 2017 through March 30, 2017 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at King of Kings. This class will be lead by Dave and Jan Hinrichsen. Financial Peace University Kits can be purchased at the Church Office for $95. Register and purchase your kit online at kingofkingsomaha.org. Online purchase of materials is optional, but materials are required for the class. Questions? Please contact Terri Hitsman by email or call at 402.504.9014.
- Lessening Anxiety– Unlocking your capacity to respond, not react, to life. Instead of trying to shut off anxiety, this seminar will equip you with faith-based exercises to lower your anxiety. This seminar is led by Brenda Neyens and Nate Seadore, licensed professional counselors with 30 years of combined experience. Cost of seminar is $25, please register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register, by December 12, at noon. Questions? Contact Brenda.
- Advent Hospitality – Attending Advent services on Wednesday nights? Consider welcoming those who attend, especially guests, by volunteering to serve, by greeting at the Exterior Doors, Worship Center Doors, Information Centers or Guest Room! This is a great opportunity for friends and families to serve together! Questions or to volunteer, email Tammy.
- Christmas Hospitality – We are looking for individuals and families who would love to be part of providing a warm first impression to our guests and members who attend Christmas services! Make a difference for those who may not attend church regularly. Sign up in the corridor or online. Questions? Contact Tammy.
- LWML Bake Sale – The LWML would like to extend a warm thank you to all who baked, worked and those who purchased items for our bake sale. Your kind generosity will help our seminary students!
- Christmas at Concordia – Fill this joyous season with music provided by Concordia Jr./Sr. High students. “O Come, O Come Emmanuel” will take place Friday, December 9, 7pm in the Main Gym. This annual concert will feature vocalists from the Concordia Chorale, Singers, Harmonix (Contemporary A Capella) and Platinum (Show Choir), as well as instrumentalists in the Hand Bell Choir, Sr. High Orchestra, Jazz Band and Concert Band. On Monday, December 12, our Junior High students, including the JV Jazz Band, Jr. High musicians in Band, Choir & Orchestra and Jr. Hand bells will showcase their talents at 7pm at Concordia in the Auxiliary Gym. There is no admission charge for either concert – a free-will offering will be taken.
- Chapel Christmas Tree – Join us in the Chapel on Sundays 8am or stop in to the Chapel anytime during Advent and discover the “Chrismon” decorated Christmas Tree. These “Chrismon’s” were made by King of Kings members many years ago. Each one has a special message of a Christian Christmas. There will be a handout for you in the Chapel with the meaning of each “Chrismon”.