Growth Group Bible Study-8.28.16
“Euangelizo” – “I proclaim the Gospel”
Theme: – Week 8 – Victory – “Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through
our Lord Jesus Christ!”
Warm-Up Questions: How do you feel when you are on the winning side in a competition?
Describe a time that you were behind, but ended up winning?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Psalm 21:1-5
- What did you notice about the attitude of the king regarding his victories?
- Which of the things mentioned would you prize most if you were victorious?
Read Isaiah 42:1-4
- How is the description of this coming ruler related to Jesus Christ?
- Which parts of Isaiah’s prophesy relate to Jesus life and which to His return?
Read John 16:33
- What can we expect to enjoy because Jesus has won the victory for us?
- Why do think Jesus was so concerned to give this to His followers ?”
Read Romans 8:37
- What did you notice about the power of the victory we have in Jesus?
Read I John 4:4, 5:4
- How does being God’s children guarantee our victory (verse 4:4)?
- What is it specifically that provides us the victory in life (verse 5:4)?
Read Revelation 2:11, 17, 26, 3:5, 12, 20-21
- What is the condition for receiving what Jesus has for these believers and us?
- Which of the things Jesus promises is the most significant to you?
- How do you make Christ’s victory a reality in the midst of our “gloom and doom world?”
- Why might knowing that Jesus has won the victory over sin and death help you in your explanation of the gospel to someone else?
Prayer: Father, help us to remember that You have made Jesus to be both the Victor and the
One who was slain for us, so that we can be with You forever.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
A Growth Group is…
A group of friends growing around God’s word.
Three Objectives of Growth Groups
- Friendship. Growth groups give opportunities for life-long friendships to grow.
- Hearing God’s Word. Growth groups learn from the Bible and one another’s perspectives.
- Living Missionally. Growth groups spur one another on to live missionally.
Growth Group Agreement
- Grow closer to God
- Grow closer to one another
- Protect confidentiality
- Commit to attend
Every meeting should include:
- A time expectation. Decide as a group how much time will be given to socializing, a warm-up question, bible study, prayer, and “living misisonally” questions.
- Living Missionally Wrap Up Questions. The book/class Joining Jesus on His Mission provide the context for these questions. These are meant to be empowering, not condemning!
- Pray. Each group can decide how they spend their time praying for one another.
Living Missionally Wrap Up Questions
Each person should choose one question and share with the group. If you haven’t taken the class “Joining Jesus on his mission,” you may want to answer a question like “What are you praying about?” which can be answered easily without the context of the class.
- Seeking the Kingdom
- How have you seen God at work?
- How’s God been messing with you?
- Hearing from Jesus
- What’s God teaching you through His word?
- What’s God inviting you to believe?
- Talking with People
- Who’s Christ pursuing through you?
- What kind of conversations are you having with non-Christians?
- Who are you intentionally inviting into your life?
- Doing Good
- How is God asking you to love the people/world around you?
- What good can you do around here?
- What’s one act of love you can do along your way?
- Ministering through Prayer
- How can I pray for you?
- What are you asking God for these days?
- Who are you praying for/about?