Announcements-July 10- July 16
- Upcoming Sermon Series: euangelizō – The New Testament was originally written in Greek, and uses the word euangelizō 54 times. It’s a verb that means: I declare the Gospel, I bring the good news. So how do you do that? How do you share the Gospel? Scripture gives us metaphors to help declare the Good News of Jesus in many different situations. Each metaphor delivers the work of Jesus using different images. Come hear the good news and discover different ways you can declare the Gospel to your friends and family.
- Uniting Omaha in Prayer – We are blessed once again with the opportunity to partner with other local churches across the metro and pray for our city. Our next gathering is Wednesday, July 13 from 7-8:30pm in the main Prayer Room. Our prayer focus for July is business and the economy. Questions? Please contact Terri!
- Amazing Race-Date Night! – Do you and your spouse have a competitive streak? Grab your spouse and join us Saturday, July 23 from 4-7pm for an evening filled with fun, laughter, challenges, and competition as we tour the town seeking clues, tackle detours and take pit stops that will be sure to keep you guessing and giggling. Husband and wife teams will compete for first, second and third place prizes, but no one will walk away losing. We will enjoy an after-race cookout and announce the results. Event will take place rain or shine, except in the event of dangerous, inclement weather. Cost is $15/couple. Register online by July 18. Questions? Email Linda.
- 55 & Better welcomes Melissa Yahnke and Jason McGee from The Hope Center for Kids! They will share the Center’s mission and how they use the components of education, employability, collaboration and faith to inspire hope in the lives of youth and children. They will also share a few stories of youth whose lives have been impacted by The Hope Center for Kids. Join us for this informative and inspiring presentation on July 12 at 10:30am in the Courtyard Room. Questions? Please email Stacy.
- Small Groups-For information about growth groups (including small groups and classes) and other ways to get connected at King of Kings, email Pastor Roger Theimer.
- Welcome Team volunteers – We are looking for warm, friendly faces who love to meet and greet people! We have many opportunities to reach out to our guests and members, through greeting at the doors, helping people at the Information Centers, Guest Room hosting, and Ushering! Be an important part of making guests and members feel welcome! Serve once a month, before or after services. This is a great opportunity for individuals, friends and families to serve together! For more information, email Tammy.
- Faith Legacy-Special Opportunity – Kids Kount Publishing is in looking for a Hobby Woodworker to produce our Faith Chest Kits. Have fun while making huge ministry impact! Email Liz for more information.
- Who does God want you to pray for today?
- Summer Camping Trip for Fathers and Sons – Fathers and sons pack your tent and gear and head out with the guys for a weekend of camping and fun! Join us for this Father/Son retreat from July 15-17 at Ponca State Park. Bring your own gear (tent, sleeping bags, food, water, etc.) and meet at campsite G8 for a weekend of fellowship. Sign up online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register. The cost for the retreat is the $5 entrance fee for the park, you will pay this when you arrive at the park, plus a few small extras, not to exceed $10.
- New Vicar Welcome! – Please join us in welcoming Vicar Sam Sessa and wife Leah to our King of Kings family! An Installation and reception will be held July 16 and 17. We want to bless Sam and Leah with a welcoming celebration and a reception in the corridor where you can greet them and welcome them to Omaha. There will be a basket where you can drop off notes or gift cards. In lieu of gift cards, we suggest giving them a card with your family photo and your names attached? This way Sam and Leah can put a name to a face when you greet them in the hallway! If you would like to give them a welcome to Omaha gift card, area restaurants, Target, Walmart, etc. are always good choices. Our wonderful LWML ladies will be serving coffee, lemonade, and Cookies in their honor after each service.
- As you join Jesus around the country and world this week, please pray for our students’ mission trip to Loveland, Colorado July 10-15, 2016.
- Otto Family Love Offering update – To date we have received over $28,000 for the Otto Family and the work God is doing in Malawi, Africa. If you weren’t able to join us for worship on July 3, you can still give, visit kingofkingsomaha.org and click on the give tab at the top of the page!
- Welcome Kelsey! – We are very pleased to announce that Kelsey Thomas has accepted our Call to become our new Kids Kount Outreach Coordinator. Kelsey will start right after her Installation on Sunday, July 24th at 11am worship. When you see her, please welcome Kelsey to the King of Kings family and pray for her as she moves and gets settled in Omaha.
- Concordia School Openings – Are you considering a new school for your student? Concordia has openings! Please contact Dawn Cooksey at 402.990.9444 or by email for more information and a personal tour.