Announcements-May 29-June 4
- Building Closure-The building will be closed on Monday, May 30 in honor of Memorial Day.
- The Seven Signs-As St. John recounts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus in his Gospel, he gives us a summary in John 20:30-31: “Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” Matthew, Mark, and Luke talk about the “miracles” Jesus performed. But John intentionally uses the word “signs” and he structures his Gospel around seven signs that point us to something greater and reveal to us just who Jesus is. We invite you to read (and reread) the Gospel of John as you join us for our 8-week teaching series: The Seven Signs.
- Small Groups-Spring is a great time to Grow with friends around God’s word! To learn more about Growth Groups (small groups), classes, seminars and bible studies, contact Nyssa Lytikainen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.504.9022.
- Journey Coaches-Need a little help but don’t know where to start? We have Journey Coaches to come alongside you as you navigate the challenging times in your life. From grieving to caregiving, divorce to illness, or any season of need, our Journey Coaches are here help at no charge to you. Questions? Contact The Core at 402.763.1808.
- Breath: The Life God in Us-Centered on DVD-based teaching from Beth Moore, this six-session study examines the person, the work and the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. The title is drawn from the words of John 20:22, which records that Jesus “breathed on them and said, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit.’” There’s no homework for this study, but the listening guide and workbook are recommended to follow along. This is an excellent opportunity for women to study God’s Word and grow in their relationship with Him. Cost of the study is $12 if you order through King of Kings. Register online at kingofkingsomaha.org/register. Questions? Email Terri at email@example.com.
- Vacation Bible School-Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World. Kids, ages 4-4th grade, can deepen their faith by exploring who Jesus is through daily crafts, snacks, games and worship. Registration is $20/child, $60/family maximum. Bring your friends and lets go exploring this June at Cave Quest Vacation Bible School! Questions? Email Dede at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abide Block Party-Join us on Saturday, June 11 from 11:30-1pm at Fontenelle Park, located at 4405 Fontenelle Blvd. This is a wonderful family or group serve opportunity! The Block party is a free, community celebration, open to the public. Go to kingofkingsomaha.org to sign up to volunteer or sign up at the Every Day in May booth. Join the fun and fellowship at this carnival style picnic for the whole family. For more information contact email@example.com
- Do you know your neighbors? This is a good week to pray for your own neighborhood and the well-being of all.
- As you join Jesus around the country and world this week, please pray for our students’ mission trip to Belize June 4-10.
- Board of Lay Ministry Election results- The results for the Board of Lay Ministry election are in. Neil Fortkamp, David Jensen, and Brian Ray were elected this year. Please take a moment to congratulate and thank them for serving as you see them at church. We are so thankful for the servant hearts of those who heard the call to be a candidate but weren’t elected-Yvonne Stock, Tom Davies, and Joel Peck.
- First Sunday Feast-Invite a friend or family to First Sunday Feast on June 5! The feast takes place between 10:45-1:15pm.This is a great time to meet new friends, get to know your King of Kings neighbors a little better, all while sharing a delicious meal. Questions? Please contact Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Edge Summer Nights! Join us on Wednesdays starting June 8 for food, brief devotion, organized games and just hanging out! We’ll gather at King of Kings in The Well from 6:30-8:00 and finish the night outside! Friends are WELCOME!
- Staff Opening-Ministry Assistant for Adult Discipleship-This 20-hour per week position will coordinate with the overseer of Adult Discipleship to approve potential classes for content and fit and work with an administrative assistant to carry out the details in coordinating those classes; act as a staff support for class/seminar and small group leaders; start new small groups and maintain current ones; and connect people into small groups, classes, and various other discipleship opportunities. If you’re enthusiastic about helping people find out where they fit at King of Kings please contact Pastor Roger Theimer at email@example.com.
- Concordia Staff Openings-Concordia Jr./Sr. High school, located at 156 & Fort Streets in Omaha, has staff openings for the following positions during the 2016-2017 school year, Activities Director and High School Science teacher (including Chemistry and AP Chemistry). Qualified candidates will be active members of a Christian congregation, with preference given to members of the LCMS. Candidate will show evidence of love for the Lord, children, and families, and be prepared to engage in the active life of the school. Interested applicants for Activities Director should contact the Director of Operations, Cristine Minneman byemail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates for the High School Science position should contact the Sr. High Principal, Matt Korte, at email@example.com.